2014/01/23

Starting to explore my Subaru's potential

      On an early autumn day I decided to do something that I've never done before, take a vehicle down a trail. I was a suburban kid who's parents didn't really do too much outdoors adventures. We mostly took trips to the beach or go fishing at the nearby lake. But we always had a family sedan which limited us on where we could go without getting stuck. Anyways, I found this wicked cool place in Rutland, MA that is set back behind the state park out there and I  thought it's only a 40 minute drive out there so, why not? Why not indeed! So I grabbed my keys and ran out the door to check my subaru's capabilities out. Not only was I surprised that it could make it around these trails with ease, but it did it better than I could have imagined. I'm used to having friends with their heavily modified vehicles to go down trails with.  The near 9 inches of ground clearance works great on rough terrain while still delivering a smooth ride due to it's independent suspension on all four corners. The engine's power and torque feels adequate at best and delivers plenty of passing  and hill climbing power while still sipping on fuel. I have a few pictures from that day:


No comments:

Post a Comment