2014/02/09

How is driving a Subaru a lifestyle?

   I was on NASIOC and someone asked me how driving a Subaru is a lifestyle and why did you give it a "cheesy name" I said in away you have to look at motorcyclists. A lot of older riders will wave to one another vary much like some Subaru owners do. Secondly, there are arranged meets just for Subarus all around the world. We also use our cars unlike say someone with a Honda or another kind of car. Most Subaru owners are outdoor enthusiasts or have a dog that they take on long hikes in the woods and need a car to get them where they need to go. But to say it's a lifestyle? To me, it's not really a stretch. Saying there is a culture wrapped around Subarus? that's not that hard to believe either.  Some people race their daily driven WRX or Sti on a local track, others just drive one for the pure excitement. Now as far the name goes, It fits to what this blog is about, a normal everyday working class american who is car crazy over his Subaru.  In away, it's made me more adventurous. I want to go more places outside instead of vegetate on a gaming console and dream about whipping down the dusty backroads of a small town, now I can go out and kick up some dust of my own. I eventually would love to take a trip across the country as I would have never thought about doing this with some of my former cars. Bottom line is that no matter what, lifestyle means "the habits, attitudes, tastes, moral standards, economic level, etc., that together constitute the mode of living of an individual or group." My Subaru has done a lot of that and then some. It's a lot easier to write a post on a blog on here than trying to explain this in a thread. Thanks for stopping by!

-GS




Definition from http://dictionary.reference.com

No comments:

Post a Comment